Language Family: Tsimshianic
Language known as: Coast Tsimshian, Tsimshian
Sm̓algya̱x (also known as Coast Tsimshian) is spoken on the north coast British Columbia, in the Skeena River drainage and at New Metlakatla in Alaska.
State of the Language
Footnotes / References
1. Language Data from Gitga'at First Nation (2014), Language Needs Assessment #3316
2. Language Data from Gitxaala Environmental Monitoring (2015), Language Needs Assessment #3474
3. Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (2008). First Nation Registered Population.
4. Language Data from 'Na Aksa Gyilak'yoo School - Kitsumkalum (2015), Language Needs Assessment #3860
5. Language Data from Lax Kw'alaams Band (2007), Language Needs Assessment #686