Language Family: Dene (Athabaskan)
Language known as: Wet'suwet'en, Babine-Witsuwit'en, Bulkley Valley/Lakes District Language
Witsuwit'en is spoken in the Bulkley Valley, around Broman Lake, and in the vicinity of Skins Lake.
State of the Language
Footnotes / References
1. Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (2008). First Nation Registered Population.
2. Language Data from Moricetown Band (2015), Language Needs Assessment #3608
3. Language Data from Nee Tahi Buhn First Nation (2011), Language Needs Assessment #2273
4. Language Data from Skin Tyee First Nation (2011), Language Needs Assessment #2112
5. Language Data from Burns Lake Band (2009), Language Needs Assessment #1366
6. Language Data from Wet'suwet'en First Nation (2015), Language Needs Assessment #3598